The Enterprise Active Directory Service (EADS) is a central location for network administration and security. It provides authorization for all users and computers in a network. It enforces security policies and allows for more efficient installation and updating of software. Here is where DHSR employees can find resources for EADS and their day to day work.
Virtual Machine Information
Installing VMWare View Icon Instructions (PDF, 484 KB)
Logging onto your new Virtual Machine (PDF, 203 KB)
These are how-to guides with Microsoft applications.
- Setting Up Outlook 2013 (PDF, 1.05 MB)
- Adding a Service Account to Outlook (PDF, 12 KB)
- What to do if the Outlook User Profile is not set up for the H:/Outlook Folder (PDF, 583 KB)
- How to Set up Microsoft Word 2013 to Save As a .doc File (PDF, 69 KB)
- How to convert a Word document to PDF (PDF, 100 KB)
- Open a PDF file in Word (PDF, 48 KB)
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Office (PDF, 73 KB)
Quick Start Guides
There are helpful tools available online to assist with learning the new Microsoft Office products.
- Access 2010
- Excel 2013 (PDF, 331 KB)
- Outlook 2013 (PDF, 512 KB)
- PowerPoint 2013 (PDF, 1.16 MB)
- Publisher 2013 (PDF, 1.03 MB)
- Word 2013 (PDF, 441 KB)
- Access 2010
- Excel 2013
- PowerPoint 2013
- Word 2013
- Additional videos on various topics related to computers
Microsoft also has tutorials online.
Transferring Information from Physical to Virtual
- Encrypting Files to Email to your Windows 7 machine (PDF, 251 KB)
- Internet Favorites (PDF, 1.33 MB)