Children with Special Health Care Needs Help Line
The Help Line is a toll-free information and referral help line for those living with, caring for and concerned about a child with special health care needs. Callers can learn about potential health care programs as well as funding resources available to North Carolina residents.
Topics most often discussed with help line callers include:
- Eligibility, enrollment, and services available under government programs.
- Funding resources to help pay for medications, medical equipment/supplies, adaptive devices, visits to the doctor, paying for utilities and food, etc.
- Locating low cost health care and dental clinics.
- Finding health care providers.
- How and where to apply for disability income for a child.
- Preparing for a transition in services when relocating from one state to another.